TITLE: Acquisition Analyst
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
Cohen Asset Management, Inc. is a private real estate investment and management firm that provides a variety of services to its clients. The company was formed to engage primarily in the business of acquiring, owning, developing, and managing net lease income-producing industrial and office properties nationwide. With over 30 years of real estate experience, the company now owns and manages more than 15 million square feet of industrial product in many states across the United States.
The successful candidate will support the senior investment professionals in evaluating, underwriting, and closing transactions. Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
● Creation and maintenance of acquisition evaluation models
● Detailed evaluation of (i) tenants and in-place leases; (ii) operating and financial statements; (iii) engineering and environmental condition; (iv) taxes, insurance and service contracts; and (v) all other pertinent factors associated with the real estate transaction.
● Engage, monitor and manage third party services during due diligence process, ensuring tight time frames are realized and all issues and/or concerns addressed.
● Maintenance of critical transaction dates and due diligence checklists
● Preparation of Investment Memoranda for committee approval, as needed
● Assist with the closing process, which requires interaction with internal and external constituents.
● 3+ years of commercial real estate experience preferred
● Strong financial / analytical skills, verbal and written communication skills
● Understanding of real estate valuation methodologies including internal rates of return and discounted cash flow analysis. Experience with Excel and ARGUS is required.
● Self motivated, personable and team player with experience in a fast paced environment
● Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills a must
● Resourceful and detail oriented with a strong work ethic